Performing Arts Links
Community Organizations Performing at McIntyre Hall
- Fidalgo Youth Symphony - Fidalgo Youth Symphony is a non-profit organization offering orchestral experience for talented young musicians in Skagit, Island, and Whatcom counties.
- Mount Vernon School District - Mount Vernon School District presents a variety of choral and band concerts performed by the Mount Vernon High School students throughout the academic year.
- Northwest Ballet Theatre - The Northwest Ballet School of Classical & Contemporary Dance serves the dance communities of Bellingham, Mount Vernon, and Anacortes.
- Pacific Northwest Opera (formerly Skagit Opera) - Professional conducting, directing and lead performers supported by a local company. Operas are sung in their original language with supertitles.
- Skagit Symphony - Talented regional musicians perform Classic scores conducted by Roupen Shakarian including national soloists and premier compositions.
- Skagit Valley Academy of Dance - A local dance company promoting the joy of movement for all ages performing The Nutcracker every December and spring recitals, bi-annually.
- Skagit Valley Chorale - Chorale music under the direction of Janet Skones-Hitt with two productions a year: Heralding Christmas in December and Celebrating in Song in the spring.
- Skagit Valley College - Skagit Valley College Theatre and Music Departments present one major theatrical production and several musical concerts each year at McIntyre Hall. Additional plays and concerts are also scheduled in the Phillip Tarro Theatre.
- Theater Arts Guild - TAG is guided by a set of core values including high quality productions; a welcoming attitude towards new performers (TAG shows typically have 50% newcomers); a culture of mentoring; a commitment to diversity in all aspects of their work; and financial support to fellow arts organizations.